Forum Discussion

pwebb
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Failed to find activations for license file (/soapui.key) (SoapUIPro)

I have installed soapui on linux and installed the key using the license manager as we do not have internet connection from the linux server - license is confirmed as installed (below)

[dashapp@nj4anadvapp006 bin]$ java -jar *license*.jar --install /home/dashapp/soapUI-license-SO00044754-1-1.key
Please choose how to activate license (Default: Online):
1. Online (should be able to connect to https://activation.smartbear.com)
2. Offline (send an email to get the activation key)
Please copy the following text into an email and send it to license-activation@smartbear.com:

License Number: [2016-11-11 00:00:00] RAFU-1Y-SBN-NL - SO00044754-1
Activation Key: LHVK9-6NWBE-CKUPG-XBACH-JDGWT

Provide the path to the activation file (activate.key) from the response to proceed:
/home/dashapp/activate.key
License has been installed successfully for SoapUI NG!
[dashapp@nj4anadvapp006 bin]$

However, when I run a testrunner script, after the plugins have been loaded it then fails to pick up a .soapui.key

17:10:37,396 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] All plugins loaded
17:12:45,151 WARN [LicenseFileUtil] Failed to find activations for license file /home/dashapp/.soapui/soapui.key (SoapUIPro)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

I have copied the activate.key which was emailed to me to the /home/dahapp/.soapui folder and renamed as soapui.key but I still get the same error above ( failed to find activations for license file)

We still cannot run testrunner.sh with a license on our linux box and are going around in circles, could someone please help me?

2 Replies

pwebb
      Occasional Contributor

Yes I solved this eventually, it was down to the location and owner of the key file which had to be the same as the smartbear user, if these are different the license loader cannot open the key file.