Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Editor Preference: change orientation

Hi everyone. I did a search for this, but have not seen where it has been added.

Whenever I am using SoapUI, I find that one of the first things that I do when I am looking at a MockService is that I change the orientation to be top/bottom by clicking the button next to the tab-based layout button. I see in Preferences for Editor that there is an option to default to the tabbed layout. Can the ability to change the default orientation be added as a preference as well?

Thanks.

3 Replies

• Hi,

I find that one of the first things that I do when I am looking at a MockService is that I change the orientation to be top/bottom by clicking the button next to the tab-based layout button.

Can you show a screen shot of what you are describing?
      rlong98
      Contributor

layout_NGPro.PNG

This would be a GREAT add to Preferences > UI Settings > Workspace Type

>  Currently it has [Single Pane] & [Tabbed Desktop]

>  But working in either - I want work in the setting of "tab-based layout" all the time.  Some also want to have the Orientation to Top/Bottom.

I would like to see this in a future release as it seems others would too.

Rob

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rlong98,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please create a separate feature request with this suggestion here? The Ready! API Product Owner monitors this forum on a regular basis – so, he could consider implementing this functionality.

Thanks.