Forum Discussion

rmcmahon
New Contributor
14 years ago

"Deploy as War" uses windows backslashes in WAR header.

Hi,

I had an issue recently where I was running soapui on Windows and deploying the mock service war to Tomcat on Linux, which wasn't able to return the wsdl. When I tried to look into the WEB-INF folder I noticed all the jars were actually named "WEB-INF\lib\activation-1.1.jar" etc. (i.e. Windows backslashes rather than a folder structure) which caused Tomcat to complain about illegal characters in the file names. I got it working by extracting the war myself and building the correct folder structure, but I presume this is an issue with the war header information that SoapUI generates? It is also the same with SoapUIPro.

Ronan

2 Replies

dhruwa
    New Contributor
    I found the exact same issue today on Tomcat/Linux and fixed it by extracting the war on windows first and the recreating the war using the jdk's jar utility. This newly created war then deploys just fine back on Linux. I hope this bug is fixed soon, its quite an annoying one.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi guys,

thanks for reporting this, and sorry for the long turn around.. will be fixed in the upcoming nightly!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com