Forum Discussion

tlabl
Contributor
9 years ago

Common Headers

Hi, 

Is there a way to set common headers so that each time I have to create a new rest service for resource I don't have to enter them.  I can clone and that will get my by but would be convenient to be able to set some defaults for this project.

5 Replies

• You can add headers for a REST request in Projects module. After that any test request you create from this API in SoapUI NG will get the headers directly. Do you mean this?

tlabl
      Contributor

Yes, that is what I mean.  When you refer to Projects module do you mean the Projects menu item?  I see an option for adding Project Properties but not headers unless there is some way to use those properties as headers.  

I've been going through the documentation but there doesn't appear to be a set of steps, at least none that I've found so far, that outline how to set default headers for a project.  Are there steps for this available?

hesterli
        Staff

Are you using SoapUI NG in Ready!API? Which version are you using?

The Projects module is in Ready!API.

If you are using SoapUI Pro, you can try to add the headers inside the service part on the top of the project. Then use the request in your test cases.