Forum Discussion

kamahade
Regular Contributor
13 years ago

BUG : JMS

Hello support team,

I'm trying to use Hermes inside soapui. I'm useless or this seems to be a BUG.

I configured HERMES path in preferences ; clicked "Save preferences" option. I could able to go to "tools" click " Hermes" and I see my sessions.

However, if I right in a interface and click "Add JMS endpoint", I could not able to see anyting in the dropdown, I already raised this as defect in my previous post.

Now, I thot bug will be only with UI and I decided to use " Groovy script", I thought following code will WORK , but didnot"

import com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.JMSConnectionHolder
    import com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.util.HermesUtils
    import com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.JMSEndpoint
    import hermes.Hermes
    import javax.jms.*
    import javax.naming.Context;
    import javax.naming.InitialContext;

log.info HermesUtils.defaultHermesJMSPath()
    log.info HermesUtils.HERMES_CONFIG_XML
    log.info HermesUtils.isHermesJMSSupported();
    HermesUtils.setHermesJMSPath("C:/My_Program_Files/Herm");
    def jmsEndpoint = new JMSEndpoint("jms://MQ-TEST2::BSSCOPYQ");
    log.info jmsEndpoint.sessionName
    def proj = context.testCase.testSuite.project;
    log.info proj.getHermesConfig()
    def hermes = HermesUtils.getHermes( context.testCase.testSuite.project, jmsEndpoint.sessionName)

I see a Error dialog appearing

Hermes configuration is not valid. Please check that 'Hermes Config' project property is set to path of proper hermes-config.xml file

I do not know ...what does this mean .. and I went ahead and created a Project property "Hermes Config".. but it didnt help me.

followed by this error ..another error dialog apperars

javax.naming.NamingException: Session name 'MQ-TEST2' does not exist in Hermes configuration or path to Hermes config ( ${#System#user.home}\.hermes )is not valid !!!!

But this is NOT true..

log.info HermesUtils.defaultHermesJMSPath() prints Fri Oct 21 14:54:35 BST 2011:INFO:C:/My_Program_Files/Herm

Please, help me to proceed in right direction....

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

thanks for reporting this - I've filed it as a bug internally and it will hopefully be looked at and fixed within the coming weeks.

regards!

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
    kamahade
    Regular Contributor
    Thanks, please report here once its ready for re-test.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

one question thou.
    Do you use hermesJMS that goes bundled with soapui installer . This is important because bundled hermesJMS have some tweaks that are soapui related and other hermesJMS versions dont work. So if this is the case please download installer version and choose to install hermesJMS when start installer.

Regarding you other questions you need to specify the path to HermesJMS app in SopaUI-> preferences -> tools -> hemesJMS
    By default it is placed under %where you installed soapui%\hermesJMS

When you click 'Add JMS Endpoint' in Hermes Config input dialog you have to point directory where your hermes-config.xml file is placed by default that is C:\.hermes directory.

Than your sessions and queues/topics will be propagated in drop-downs.

Hope this helps

regards
    nebojsa
    SmartBear Software
    kamahade
    Regular Contributor
    Hello support team ,

Did you get this working either with existing HERMES installer or with HERMES of Soapui ?

Is there any particular project level properties you are expecting when soapui start loading HERMES?