Forum Discussion

mprevic
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

4.6.0 to 4.6.2 - update link to wrong version; slower

Hello,

I use your software for testing with WCF services.

1.)
4.6.0 send me to this page http://sourceforge.net/projects/soapui/files/ to update to 4.6.2. Problem is on that page is only 32x version, and my 4.6.0 was 64x.
At first I trusted link and didn't noticed wrong version. Soap UI worked very slowly at sending request and I finally noticed I got wrong version.
64x version I found on your main page.

Please add update links to correct version in future (or just link to front page and not to sourceforge).

2.)
With right version (64x) requests are still slower (in 4.6 it was in a moment and with 4.6.2 it is in seconds, sometimes more than 15 s).
I noticed 4.6.2 did not overwrite 4.6.0 or unistalled it. Now there are 2 of them in SmartBear folder. Older works great and newer is too slow.
Any suggestions?

Ty,
Matija

14 Replies

tomde
    New Contributor
    All versions of SoapUI after version 4.6.1 run very slowly. A test step that takes 400 ms in 4.6.1, takes over 5 seconds in SoapUI 4.6.2 and SoapUI4.6.3. This is over a ten times decrease in performance. It adds up when you have many test steps.

There is no special security in place and nothing changed in the test suite setup between the SoapUI version upgrades.
    Another thing that I noticed is that the Startup page is also noticeably slower.
  • Hi,

There have been a number of users who have upgraded to 4.6.1 and versions after that and have not reported performance decreases. A ten times performance decrease sounds pretty significant. I definitely have not noticed any slowdown in the startup page. This may be a connection or service difference on your side.

What can help diagnose the problem would be to profile SoapUI for the slower versions versus the faster versions. Using jvisualvm.exe that comes with the JAVA 1.7 jdk can help to do this. Copy the results done and post them here.

https://visualvm.java.net/profiler.html
  • Hi,

Please upgrade to 4.6.4. There has been a fix to auto proxy detection that may have caused the requests to be slower in 4.6.2 and 4.6.3.
    tomde
    New Contributor
    Thanks upgrading to 4.6.4 did resolve the the performance issue with running the test cases in 4.6.2 and 4.6.3. Back to snappy performance!

On the home page being slow - not sure if this is a problem with my network. I have also seen the page come up slowly in 4.6.1 as well.
    I just started up 4.6.4 and the landing page came up in 26 seconds after the version autodetection process.
    If I just go directly to smartbear.com it only takes a few seconds to load each of the pages I visit.

I don't see the slow landing page as a big issue but you might want to look at ways to improve tool startup time.