Forum Discussion

abrittan
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Test Management reporting

I've been running a Test Coverage Run Summary by Test Set report to look at pass/fail rates against a particular release.  In my scenario I have four releases - each of the test sets will be run against each release in turn.  So far I have only run the test sets against one of the releases.  When I run the report it shows pass/fail rates, and numbers of tests against ALL of the releases.  Is this intended to work in this way?  It appears that it is displaying it like this because each test set has been linked to each release so they can be run against them. But at this moment in time three of my releases have not been run!

Thanks

3 Replies

• Hi Andrew!

Yes, it's intended to work that way - it is showing you the current state across all "Active" releases. On the Release itself, you'll find an active/inactive checkbox, so once a release is complete, reporting is done, you can mark it inactive so it falls off the report. I suppose you could do the same with Releases not started yet, if you really didn't need to see them.

And of course, if you have any suggestions for improvements, let our support team know and they'll get it to the planning team for review.

Thanks!
    abrittan
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Barbara

Thanks for replying!

I'm surprised about how it is working - I'd presumed that the report would only show runs against the releases that had been run?  In my example it's confusing because it looks like I've run all my releases when in fact I have only run one?

Thanks
  • Hi Andrew!

Maybe our support team would be of better assistance - would you mind submitting a support ticket (when logged into ALMComplete, just click on Help Center in the upper right, then Create Support Ticket) and provide them with a copy of the report in question? Once we get a look at exactly what you see, we might make better sense out of it.

Thanks!