Forum Discussion

EdnaM
New Contributor
13 years ago

Passing a previously failed test case

Hi,

The defects we raised against failed test cases are fixed pretty quickly. So we retest the defects while at the same time running tests within the same Test Sets. We don't see however any way to 'pass' or update the Status of  the test case which previously failed. How do we do this???

Thank you

Edna

3 Replies

• Hi Edna -

All you need to do is run the Test Set again. This creates a new Run with updated History - you can pass or fail the Tests within the Set the same way you did with the initial Run.
    EdnaM
    New Contributor
    Hi Barbara,

When you said start a Run again, are you implying a new Run? I am not sure how this is done...

You see we are conducting retests in  a 'partially' executed Test Set i.e. some test cases in the Test Set are still Awaiting Run. Basically, the Test Set is 'Paused' by the testers and they re-start it at a later time when they want to continue. When they click Run for a Paused test set, it displays the same Test Set they paused and the same status for the test cases. 

I am obviously missing something here...I've attached a sample screen shot of how our test sets look like. Hope this helps.

Thank you

Edna
  • Hi Edna,

You cannot go back into the run and change the status of a test that was already run - that would change the history for that test, and you need to see that it was run on that date, in that test set. When a test is Paused, you can only continue running the tests in the set that were not run. The tester needs to finish the run - or end it as incomplete, which closes off the run - then start the test set again.

If the tester only  needs to re-run a few of the test in the original run, they need to set up a smaller test set with only those tests.

Hope this helps!