Forum Discussion

scm1970
New Contributor
13 years ago

Questions on Trial Version of Load Complete

Hi,

I've been playing around with the Trial version of LoadComplete since yesterday. Had a few questions:

1) Data Correlation - Will Load complete generate error messages that show that the scenario needs values to be correlated. If no errors are generated can it be safely assumed that correlation was not needed? If correlation is needed, what are the types of error messages that one can posssibly see?

2) If Auto Correlation is being done by LoadComplete for certain variables, where in the response can I examine those, for a given scenario? Do I have to tab through each request/response, or is there a quick way for me to check?

3) If I'm recording a scenario and am interested in timings under load(for eg 10 users) for certain requests, is there a way from the UI that I can mark the responses for those request/response pairs to be timed? I don't care about server response time...time to first byte for a given request that I'm interested in is good enough as long as it shows up in the generated reports. Clients sometimes care more about specific things within an overall business process scenario. Can I generate graphs/charts/analytics on these specific request/response pairs?

Sorry if these have been specifically addressed elsewhere, but didn't find on my initial skimming through these threads.

Thanks,

Sudhir

3 Replies

• Hi there,

1) Data Correlation - Will Load complete generate error messages that show that the scenario needs values to be correlated. If no errors are generated can it be safely assumed that correlation was not needed? If correlation is needed, what are the types of error messages that one can posssibly see? 

To identify parameters that should be correlated, please try using the following procedure:

• Verify the recorded scenario.

• Check whether the tested application worked as you expected, for example, whether a user could log in successfully, whether database entries were added, or whether the server returned appropriate data, and so on. Examine the request and response data in the test log panels, check whether the Messages panel contains errors or warnings.

• If you see that the application did not work properly, this may mean that there are dynamic parameters that should be correlated.

• Locate the requests that did not "behave" properly and examine their parameter values in the Scenario editor. Find parameters that appear to be dynamic.

• The currently available versions of the LoadComplete Help system lack for this instruction, but it is going to be added soon.

2) If Auto Correlation is being done by LoadComplete for certain variables, where in the response can I examine those, for a given scenario? Do I have to tab through each request/response, or is there a quick way for me to check?

You can examine them via the Parameterization wizard with all of its check boxes enabled.

3) If I'm recording a scenario and am interested in timings under load(for eg 10 users) for certain requests, is there a way from the UI that I can mark the responses for those request/response pairs to be timed? I don't care about server response time...time to first byte for a given request that I'm interested in is good enough as long as it shows up in the generated reports. Clients sometimes care more about specific things within an overall business process scenario. Can I generate graphs/charts/analytics on these specific request/response pairs?

No, there's no way to choose the responses that will be logged in a special way. I've added this to our DB as a suggestion.
    scm1970
    New Contributor
    Thanks Mike.

Just to make sure I'm reading you correctly, in LoadRunner there is a feature where I can mark specific transactions (via Start Transaction and Stop Transaction on the floating recording toolbar) to be measured. So are you saying at this time there is no such feature on LoadComplete? If so, is there any workaround you can suggest by which I can achieve this?

Thanks,

Sudhir
  • Hi,

So are you saying at this time there is no such feature on LoadComplete?

That's correct. However, the needed request-specific information (such as TTFB, request time and response transfer time) can appear on the Top 10 tabbed page of a report.