Forum Discussion

ztilleto
New Contributor
10 years ago

Failed to extract any value for the variable

Hi,

I'm testing the LoadComplete to see if we can use it in our comming upgrade of our test setup.

However I have run into a problem with a simple flow in our Web Application.

When I run the verify of the recording I get "Failed to extract any value for the variable " errors, if I then go to the step in the Scenario and look at the Data Selectors, I have the Selectors that LoadComplete created during recording.

If I copy the Body from the Response and then run the Regular Expression on the body, I get a vlid Match. So I am a bit perplexed to this. And as it isn't possible to step through the scenario to see if there are some issues during the run I can't figure out why it isn't possible for the Data Selector to get the value.

Hope someone might be able to help or give me some ideas on how to get this working. Thanks for you time.

Regards,

Mike

3 Replies

• Hi Mike,

When you apply the regular expression to the response body from your recording, is there one match or more than one match?

If you haven't already, enable LoadComplete to store the bodies (as well as headers) of simulated requests. This will allow you to see the response that is failing and test your regular expression against this data.

Hope this helps.

ztilleto
      New Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Yes, I have taken the "Body" from the respons, and run the Regex on it, and it found 1 item. So there isn't any problems when I ran it manually like that.

This is why I can't seem to wrap my head around it, cause either there are some things run to fast on a repsons not given yet or something like that.

Regards,

Mike