Forum Discussion

Anonymous
12 years ago

Known issue: ccollab.log shows "ErrorCode404Handler requested=null"

Symptom:

I cannot log in.  I can bring up the Collaborator login screen and I enter my username and password but when I click Login it just takes me back to the login screen. 

Also, my ccollab.log shows: "ErrorCode404Handler requested=null"

Possible cause and remedy:

It looks as though your server deployment is not quite right. This can happen as a result of several things, some of which include: 

a) Having multiple files in your localhost directory with the .xml extension. There should only be 1 with that extension, ROOT.xml. All others should be named something else, like .bak. 

b) Editing the ROOT.xml file without first stopping the CodeCollaborator service. Please always be sure to stop the service before editing this file.

c) Updating your Java environment without first stopping the service. This is especially common if your Java is configured for auto-updates. If possible, configure your server's Java Control Panel Properties > Update > "Notify Me Before downloading" so you have an opportunity to first stop the service before updating your Java.

To resolve this issue, please do the following:

1. Stop the service

2. Delete all the files in tomcat/webapps/*

3. Delete all the files in tomcat/work/*

4. Make sure you only have one .xml file in the <collab install dir>/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost directory

5. Start the service

6. Log-in again

7. If you are still having issues, please send us the latest of these files:

<collab install dir>/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/*

<collab install dir>/tomcat/logs/*

<collab install dir>/*.log

No Replies