Forum Discussion

csaba_gyorfi_ex
New Contributor
10 years ago

GIT - wrong "checked in" timestamp

Hello,

I have an issue when using Collaborator with GIT.

I feed the review with the following command:

ccollab addgitdiffs <revID> <commit1> <commit2>

The difference will be uploaded, but the timestamp showed in the "Before" field shows NOT the time when the commit was created, but the time when the ccollab command was executed. This is really misleading and annoying.

Does anybody knows how to fill the review from GIT while keeping the timestamp of the commited snapshot?

See the attached picture.

Thanks,

Csaba

3 Replies

• Hi, 

I want to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Can you please tell me what version of Collaborator Server, Client GUI and Git you are using?

Thank you, 
  • Hi,

we are using the system v8.2.8202.

In the meantime it turned out, that the GIT integration does not work at all. Maybe it is usable if you are reviewing only one commit, or only one diff, but there are severe errors when using it in a complete review scenario.

Some of the issues:

Fist upload:

- wrong commit IDs and commit timestamp are displayed

Additional uploads (e.g. uploading after correction)

- the same commitIDs are displayed again and again which makes the history totally confusing

- the "overall accepted" flag will not be removed when uploading a new version of a file

- the "last accepted version" will not be stored, thus the "Display Preference" setting "Current vs latest accepted" does not work at all

These errors makes the review totally unusable.

When uploading the data I was trying both the "addgitdiffs" and "addchangelist" commands, with the same failures.

Previously, we have used clearcase. We had also a lot of problem with it, but after the fixes smartbear provided, finally it worked seamless. Now we have changed to GIT, and the same story start again, but we have no more valid support.

Did you ever test a complete post-commit review cycle with collaborator using GIT?

I can procide all commands, screenshots, etc if it helps, but the failures are very easy to reproduce I think.

thanks,

csaba