Forum Discussion

googleid_105316
New Contributor
11 years ago

[CodeReviewer] Unable to auto-detect svn

I just installed the 7_3_7303 64 bit windows client, and I am having trouble using the GUI to create a review. When I try to add an SCM configuration, auto-detect fails with this error:

SCM window:
Error: SCM system could not be auto-detected, but there was an error: Could not determine if checkout X:\path\to\root is managed by Subversion: svn: E020024: Error resolving case of 'X:\path\to\root'

Configuration window:
Error: SCM system could not be auto-detected, but there was an error: Could not determine if checkout X:\path\to\root is managed by Subversion: svn: E020024: Error resolving case of 'X:\path\to\root'

Our server is running version 7 of Code Collaborator, so installing the v8 GUI fails.

The working copy is on a network disk, but svn info in that directory gives me the correct info. I am using svn 1.8:

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.8.3 (r1516576)
compiled Aug 30 2013, 11:03:40 on i686-pc-cygwin

It looks like I also have svn 1.8.1 installed, which is what I find from the MS-DOS command prompt.

Any ideas why this is failing or how to further debug it?

1 Reply

• Having experimented a bit, it looks like the problem is trying to use the GUI from the tooltray on a network drive.

If I go to the Code Collaborator directory and run codecollabgui.exe directly, it recognizes the directory and is able to upload files.