Forum Discussion

mike1231
New Contributor
2 years ago

Zephyr Scale Cloud Approved By Settings

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know how could I set only admin to approve any of the test cycles which was added to zephyr.

Thank You!

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

In the Jira 'Project Settings' page, scroll down to Apps and expand the drop down and click on Zephyr Scale.  The in the main window scroll down to Permissions; select Test Cycles, and choose the combination of Users/Roles/Groups that best fits your scenario.

mike1231
      New Contributor

I am aware of this feature but let me explain my scenario.

X person will create a test cycle 

y as admin will approve the test cycle 

x will execute the test case 

note: X cannot change the approved by status.

Thank You!

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

There is no perfect solution for this scenario that I can think of.  You could create a custom status to hold the value of whether a test cycle was approved, but It won't be controllable in the Permissions set (shown in the screenshot above) meaning 'x' could change the status  - although there is a history tab and the change would be shown.

Some potential workarounds:

- Bring the approval stage forward outside of Zephyr Scale = only approved test cycles are created

- Use Permissions set = only 'Y' can create approved test cycles.  'X' could amend the test cycle but it would still remain 'approved'

If you would like to request a change to the permissions rules to include custom fields (which I think would be a good thing), you can do that on the roadmap portal (link follows), but there is an idea already posted that seems similar to what you're after which prevents the edit of Scale entities after they are locked, e.g. an approved by custom field: As a user, I want to lock Scale entities to prevent editing - Zephyr Scale | Product Roadmap (productboard.com)