Forum Discussion

Novari-QA's avatar
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

TestAgent doesn't see TestExecute

How can we get the TestAgent to pick up the fact that TestExecute is installed on the PC. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple multiple times.

As you can see in the image below, the Host "Mills-PC" doesn't pick up the agent test execute, even though it is installed with a floating license found on QA-PC.

QA-PC can see the agents no problem.

3 Replies

  • LexiAQA's avatar
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)



    What TE version, QAC version and Test Agent version are you using? Did you try actually running TC tests on the problematic host via QAC? Does QAC allow creating this kind of automation for this host? 


    Reinstalling TE is not expected to add it to the list of available automated tools. You can try reinstalling the Test Agent tool on the host where TE actually resides. Does it make any difference?




    • dasundt's avatar
      New Contributor

      I am experiencing this same issue. However, I am not sure if that actually a 'problem' for me because I am also currently experiencing other issues that make it difficult to diagnose. In QA Complete, if I run against my local machine as the test host, it runs as desired despite the 'Agent' showing as:

      'JUnit (Selenium),NUnit (Selenium),TestNG (Selenium),Ready! API / SoapUI'.


      1. I experienced complications with my DataDrivenTests not running. The tests would start and then immediately fail.
        1. Unexpected error from external database driver (1)
      2. I updated TestComplete and TestExecute to 12.4
      3. Test Execute (when triggered by QA Complete) was launching as on my VM as 32 bit instead of 64 bit. As a result, it seems the communication between the local 64 bit Test Complete and the 32 bit Test Execute resulted in a similar failure found in step 1. As far as I can tell, there is no 'setting/option' to ensure the Test Execute will launch as 32 bit or 64 bit.
      4. When I ran tests via Command Line on the VM utilizing 64 bit Test Execute, it was successful. When running the same setup and 32 bit Test Execute it failed.

      In short, it seems my complications are primarily with QA Complete>Test Execute. I then rolled everything back to 12.3, but am still dealing with the same original issue when running a test against my Win7 VM utilizing Test Execute. The test process starts and then quickly fails as:

      Unexpected error from external database driver (1)

      • Ty-Bot's avatar
        Occasional Contributor

         I have QAC 12, TE 14, TA 2.70


        I have 4 agents one of them seems fine the other 3 all say can't find testExecute.