Forum Discussion

haingocnguyen21
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

[LoadUIWeb] Using LoadUIWeb on my own server?

Hello,

We were wondering if there was a way for us to be able to use LoadUIWeb as a load testing tool on one of our own server. We have a linux server here and would like to know if it is possible to instead of purchasing a LoadUIWeb server from SmartBear, we can use our own and configure it as neccessary. We would like to use this tool to help us load test our web application.

If possible would we have to purchase a separate license for this and what requirement(s) would our server/system need?

Thank you!

Also, I am quite new to load testing in general so I may sound like a newbie.

-Hai Nguyen

14 Replies

haingocnguyen21
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

I know with LoadUIWeb Pro we can export our result into pdf, html, etc. How does the free version of LoadUIWeb export their results? Is there even a way to export with just the free version?

Thanks!
    haingocnguyen21
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

The computer I am using has the folowing specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz

4.00 GB RAM

64-bit Operating System

I did a simple load test on my web application with a total of 50 VUs. 25 on one scenario and 25 with another scenario. My problem is I am seeing load time from anywhere between 1.13 secs to 19.40 secs. 

The load time for those transaction should not be so high. Is it my laptop that is too slow to handle the load test?

My manager wants to see which part of the web application will take longer than 1 sec with 50 VUs. With my test, every transaction came back as an error since it is more than 1 sec.

Is my laptop the problem? Or am I testing incorrectly?
    haingocnguyen21
    Occasional Contributor
    Also Alex,

Is there a way (in the free version) to have the VU run indefinetly?

-Hai