Forum Discussion

rob_wilkerson
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

[LoadUIWeb 2.99] Load test as multiple authenticated users

A client has made a request and I have absolutely no idea how to fulfill it and, to be honest, it sounds impossible to my ear, though I'm no load testing expert.

The client has an app with no anonymous users. Everything happens behind a login screen and they would like to load test several processes that occur behind that login screen. The, um, challenge is that the process would have to be executed by different users. For example, this is an enrollment process. We'd have to be able to throw 50, 100, 500 or even 1000 different users at the process. We can't record a script and just execute that script as 1000 users executing that precise script. In fact, the login itself only allows 1 active session by any given authenticated user. Any previous open session is immediately closed the moment the next login by that same user is authenticated.

Is it even possible to do something like this? If so, can anyone offer any help with respect to how I might configure it? I haven't found anything yet, but the search phrases are kind of ambiguous so I may be missing the signal for the noise.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

3 Replies