Forum Discussion

gary_beckmann
New Contributor
12 years ago

[CodeReviewer] ccollab_server won't start

Fresh install of ccollab_server_8_1_8100_unix.sh  on CentOs 6.4. At end of install browser appears but "Unable to connet" page appears.

Using the "sh -x" found the command that starts the server and ran it by hand without the "-server" flag. Get the following error:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Do I have to configure the jvm?

3 Replies

• So did some digging. CentOS install OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.3.10.4.el6_4-i386). Did som googling on the error message. The command line uses  -Xmx1024m, I changed this to  -Xmx512m and the error in the terminal window does not appear, however the server does not start.  When I look at /opt/ccollab_server/error.log it contains the following:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:216)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:391)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

So what I am missing?
  • Ah well. It was a nice try. Apparently CodeReviewer doesn't run on CentOs 6.4 -- maybe there aren't many users of this particular OS.

When I googled the error I get after the memory problem is eliminated (simply remove the -Xmx1024m flag -- I find lots of respones about tomcat, but none of the responses make much sense.
    bswetman
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Gary,

CentOS is probably not the offending factor. We do not support OpenJDK. We require Oracle Java. Try installing the latest Oracle Java 1.6 or 1.7 and run the installer with the -manual option. This will cause the installer to prompt you for the location of the Oracle JRE.