Forum Discussion

ebianes's avatar
New Contributor
14 years ago

ccollab addgitdiffs: No differences were found

I’m struggling a bit with ccollab, I can’t seem to upload any diffs via addgitdiffs. I am using the command line tool (ccollab v6.0.6016).

When I run git diff, the diff is showing correctly,

git diff my_local_branch~1 my_local_branch

@@ <displays diffs correctly> @@

but when I upload the diff via ccollab I am getting errors.

ccollab addgitdiffs 441 my_local_branch~1 my_local_branch

Connecting to Code Collaborator Server <server_url>

Connected as: <my_name and userid>

Loading review ID 441.

Attaching Git Diffs to Review

Checking that you are allowed to upload files to this review

Querying Git for the diffs

Querying Git for the diffs....

ERROR: Executing command `ccollab addgitdiffs`:

No differences were found.

I also tried doing hashtag diffs like

ccollab addgitdiffs 441 efy123..

but I get the same results.

I can access ccollab login, ccollab adchanges also works. I have my [user] credentials setup in .gitconfig as well as the web app.

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 Replies

  • ebianes's avatar
    New Contributor
    Still not working for me. Here are some things that I tried so far, but not much progress.

    • I created a new local branch, checkout the new branch and did the ccollab addgitdiffs from there.

    • I re-cloned the repository on a different directory, and did the ccollab addgitdiffs command from there.

    I am still getting the same errors. Could it be something that I need to configure? perhaps some setting in .gitconfig?Any other approach/ideas you suggest I try? Is there a log file that the ccollab tool uses to put error messages?
  • ebianes's avatar
    New Contributor
    I set the debug option to true in code collaborator(ccollab set debug), and I found this lines from ccollab.log:

    FINE: Error running command addgitdiffs

    24573 com.smartbear.ccollab.client.CollabClientInvalidInputException: No differences were found.

    24574 at com.smartbear.ccollab.client.commands.diffs.CommandAddDiffs.scmUploadDiffs(

    24575 at com.smartbear.ccollab.client.commands.diffs.AbstractCommandAddScmDiffsByCommand.scmQueryAndUploadDiffs(

    24576 at com.smartbear.ccollab.client.commands.diffs.AbstractCommandAddScmDiffsByCommand.execute(

    24577 at

    24578 at com.smartbear.ccollab.client.commands.Command.validateAndExecute(

    24579 at com.smartbear.ccollab.CLI.doMain(

    24580 at com.smartbear.ccollab.Main.doMain(

    24581 at com.smartbear.ccollab.Main.main(

    24582 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

    24583 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(

    24584 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(

    24585 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(

    24586 at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

    24587 at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

    24588 May 23, 2011 3:28:47 AM com.smartbear.ccollab.datamodel.Engine close

    24589 FINE: close
  • Hannah's avatar
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Erick,

    Sorry for the late reply. Would you be able to send the entire debugging log to us at From there, we could take a look.

  • ebianes's avatar
    New Contributor
    It is working fine now, a colleague had pointed out a .gitconfig setting that is causing the error. I had this on my .gitconfig:


          diff = always

    I commented the diff always line and the addgitdiffs is now working. Thanks