Forum Discussion

HTMLValidator_c
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Windows 8.1

I tried to update to Windows 8.1 and got a message to uninstall "Sentinel Runtime Drivers". If I'm not mistaken, this is AQTime's doing.

What should I do aside from uninstalling AQTime which I don't want to do as I find it very valuable... on the other hand, its licensing system seems to be quite troublesome.

• Hi Albert,

AQtime's licensing system may show this error. I'm not sure why the licensing modules are removed. As far as I remember, HASP (the third-party vendor of the licensing system) doesn't officially support Windows 8.1. So, this might be the cause of the behavior.

Anyway, the latest License Manager utility version installs the HASP licensing system v. 6.60 that works fine on Windows 8.1 (our R&D team has tested it). You can download the utility from here:

Let us know whether this helps.

HTMLValidator_c
    Occasional Contributor
    It's almost Feb 2014 and Windows 8.1 was released back in October.... and still no patch or update? AQTime is totally worthless on Windows 8.1. Is there any update on when this will be rectified?
    bvandermerwe
    Occasional Contributor
    When I recently renewed our licenses, I raised this issue with them and they said on 22 Jan 2014:

"We are expecting to support Windows 8.1 in the next month or so. Please stay tuned."

stebi
    Occasional Contributor
    Win 8.1 Support please. Cannot use AQTime now.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Team,

I've heard that our Sales Team has a solution for the Win 8.1 support in AQtime. Could you please contact your Sales rep or the team at sales@automatedqa.com?

HTMLValidator_c
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks. I just emailed sales@automatedqa.com as I've been waiting quite awhile for Windows 8.1 support.
    HTMLValidator_c
    Occasional Contributor
    I emailed 'sales@automatedqa.com' on Feb 18th and still no response yet. Is there a Windows 8.1 fix/patch? If so, then I'd really want to know what it is.... as it's almost March and still no Windows 8.1 support.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi All,

AQtime 8.20 has been officially released today. You can download the installation file from your SmartBear Portal.

Let us know how it works with Windows 8.1.

HTMLValidator_c
    Occasional Contributor
    Yes, I can actually use AQTime now! Great!

I do have an application crash (my app) when using the allocation profiler and processing a large job with my application, but I have no idea whether that's Windows 8.1 related or not.
    bvandermerwe
    Occasional Contributor
    Albert, I am able to use the allocation profiler successfully under Windows 8.1 on a large 64-bit C++/Fortran application. It does make our application crash on any strcat call and one other method  that makes use of a lot of Windows API structures. I did take this up with SmartBear, but they were convinced the issue was not on their side while I was convinced it was. Fortunately not a lot of code was involved, and I was able to change/simplify the code so it now runs under the allocation profiler without crashing.
    HTMLValidator_c
    Occasional Contributor
    Tanya, thanks. That was helpful. I think I was processing too big of a job for AQTime to handle without better limiting the areas that are profiled. I'll either try smaller jobs or limit the areas that are profiled for larger tests.

If it's possible to report this problem to the developer with a helpful message instead of just crashing, then I would definitely recommend it!