Forum Discussion

henryj
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Zephyr Squad Importer Test Step and Result missing.

Good morning, 

I am using Jira 9.0 and Zephyr Squad 9.0.1. When I try to import Test Cases, the Test Step, Result, and Test Data fields are not being displayed. I have added the Zephyr TestStep field to my screen, and it still won't display these values. I've follow the documentation listed here with no luck. Import Tests | Zephyr Squad Server Documentation (smartbear.com)

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Thanks for your help. 

John.

1 Reply

henryj
    Occasional Contributor

Solution Found!

It took a while, but I finally got this resolved after several hours of digging and trying multiple things. I had deleted all Test records, then deleted the Test issue type, then uninstalled Zephyr Squad, then reinstalled Zephyr Squad. Even after all that it still would not work properly. After upgrading, I expected that the Test issue type would be reinstalled with the defaults, but it still had the same values, the same custom fields added, and still didn't work. And yes, the Zephyr Teststep field was on the screen that was being used all along.

What I finally tried that lead me to the solution was this.

When creating a new Test issue type, I selected the Where is my field? option. A screen was displayed that said my Field Configuration was good, my Field Screen was good. But there was the following error.

Project and issue type scope.
    The field 'Zephyr Teststep' is not configured in the scope of the project 'my project name' and the issue type 'Test'. To solve this issue, go to 'Zephyr Teststep' configuration page and add it to the scope.

Once I did the above step, I found that the Teststep field, even though added to the Screen, which was also added to the project I was using, was not set up properly in the Issue Type Scope.

I hope this will help someone else because it wasn't an obvious solution to this problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

John Henry.