Internal importer - Zephyr for Jira (Zephyr Squad) - Importing excel sheet fails
I am attempting to upload test cases from MS Excel into Jira by way of the internal importer tool for Zephyr, but it fails every time. My excel sheet is formatted correctly, I have 5 columns:
- Expected Outcome
- Test Data
For example, here is how my excel sheet is formatted :
|Name||Step||Expected Outcome||Test Data||ExternalId|
|Case 1||Click the forgot password button||The 'forgot password' modal is shown||XXX-1027-1|
|Case 2||Click submit after completing all required fields in the change password modal||An alert is shown that informs the user their password has been reset||XXX-1027-2|
These are the steps I take to attempt the import:
- In Jira, I locate the 'Test' menu entry and click to show the available options
- From the available options, I choose 'Importer'
- Once on the importer screen, I choose the appropriate project
- I choose a link type of 'tests'
- For the issue type, 'Test' is auto-populated (after choosing the project)
- For file type to upload, I choose 'Excel'
- I then choose the Excel file to upload
- I then click 'Retrieve Mapping' and then the Excel fields are populated below (as expected)
- In the Settings section, these are my settings:
- Discriminator: By ID Change (externalId)
- Import all sheets: true
- Starting row: 2
- Sheet filter: .*
Then I drag the corresponding Excel fields to their matching Zephyr fields
- Name > Name
- ExternalId > ExternalId
- Step > Step
- Result > Expected Outcome
- Test Data > Test Data
Finally, I click 'Import' - there is a moment where the information is being processed and then I am shown the results of the import (which is always 'Failed')
Status : Failed. File : REDACTED_edited_for_upload.xlsx Error : XXX-3163:Row:2: issueService could not create Test. XXX-3163:Row:3: issueService could not create Test. XXX-6288:Row:2: issueService could not create Test. XXX-6288:Row:3: issueService could not create Test. XXX-6288:Row:4: issueService could not create Test. XXX-6288:Row:5: issueService could not create Test. XXX-6288:Row:6: issueService could not create Test.
The file has a total of 2 sheets, the first sheet has 2 tests and the second sheet has 5 tests.
NOTE: There was one instance where the test status read 'Success', but the tests didn't actually get created and the importer-outcome-dialog showed the same 'issueService could not create Test.' - see the second screenshot The first screenshot shows the usual failed message I see.
What am I doing wrong here? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.