Forum Discussion

jchavarria19
New Contributor
3 years ago

How to link automated test case results with existing test cases

I am using the A.T.O.M Test Automation plugin to import Test Results in one test cycle. The Test Automation Framework is Robot Framework and the output result in in the XUnit XML Format. 

I am able to "Upload" the XML report as a Task and execute it. It is marked as "SUCCESS". The existing Test Case in Jira is "AMPAND-123", so we expected this test case to be marked as PASSED/FAILED. However the execution created a new Issue in Jira AMPAND-2041 and marked it as PASSED instead of using the existing AMPAND-123 issue.

1. What should we modify to stop creating new test cases when executing uploaded results? (result-xunit.xml)

2. Is it possible to import results from RobotFramework test Report?  (example output.xml)

3 Replies

jchavarria19
      New Contributor

Hello Vincent, 

Thanks for the feedback and the link provided. vinniew 

I am not sure what do you mean with "then the test items being executed cannot change."

Let me state my question the simplest. This is my current results file. Please note testcase name="AMPAND-123"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <testsuite name="Test Ampand 123" tests="1" errors="0" failures="0" skipped="0" time="36.276">
      <testcase classname="Test Ampand 123" name="AMPAND-123" time="26.458">
      </testcase>
      </testsuite>

I have the following test case item in Zephyr, The issue Key is "AMPAND-123"

How to upload automated test results to continue using this test case item instead of creating a new one in zephyr? Please note the upload action creates a new test item AMPAND-2041 which is undesired.

ā€ƒ

Reference.