Ask a Question

How to generate test reports in Zephyr to track progress at test step level

rajeevgautam
New Contributor

How to generate test reports in Zephyr to track progress at test step level

Hi All,

I am trying to find out capability in Zephyr test reports , which can enable to track test progress at test step level.

For example - Currently i see the available reports at test execution level , but if any test is in "Progress"  - i would want to know whether it's 50% complete etc..by tracking progress at step level. Could any one please let me know , if there is such feature exist- or how can address this requirement.

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

3 REPLIES 3
vinniew
Staff

Re: How to generate test reports in Zephyr to track progress at test step level

Hey @rajeevgautam 

Yes currently the status is at a step level. 

Whilst you can execute at a step level it changes the overall test status. 

It might be worth mentioning in our ideas portal as an enhancement 

https://z4j-cloud.ideas.aha.io/

or

https://zephyrsquadonprem.ideas.aha.io/?page=3

KR

Vincent

rajeevgautam
New Contributor

@vinniew 

Hi Vincent - Thanks for the response , so basically there is no feature to track the progress of test execution at step level currently in Zephyr (correct). I have shared the snapshot of an example where test scorecard is generated by tester, and for row-2 one test execution is in progress which is reflected in second column of table . but the overall progress column (last one) show "0%" and it does not give visibility as how much % test script is in progress meaning if there are total 10 steps in test script , and user has executed 5 of them out of 10 steps, the scorecard or any other report in Zephyr does not bring whether it's 50% complete etc..

Is there any alternative to figure out % completion at step level in Zephyr through query or other alternative's. i will raise the idea request per your suggestion ,thanks.

rajeevgautam_0-1638901489908.png

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

vinniew
Staff

Hi @rajeevgautam 

Yes, I think its a good enhancement. 

I would encourage people who think the same to vote for it. 

I certainly will! 

KR

Vinnie

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: