Forum Discussion

rajeevgautam
New Contributor
3 years ago

How to generate test reports in Zephyr to track progress at test step level

Hi All,

I am trying to find out capability in Zephyr test reports , which can enable to track test progress at test step level.

For example - Currently i see the available reports at test execution level , but if any test is in "Progress"  - i would want to know whether it's 50% complete etc..by tracking progress at step level. Could any one please let me know , if there is such feature exist- or how can address this requirement.

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

3 Replies

rajeevgautam
      New Contributor

vinniew 

Hi Vincent - Thanks for the response , so basically there is no feature to track the progress of test execution at step level currently in Zephyr (correct). I have shared the snapshot of an example where test scorecard is generated by tester, and for row-2 one test execution is in progress which is reflected in second column of table . but the overall progress column (last one) show "0%" and it does not give visibility as how much % test script is in progress meaning if there are total 10 steps in test script , and user has executed 5 of them out of 10 steps, the scorecard or any other report in Zephyr does not bring whether it's 50% complete etc..

Is there any alternative to figure out % completion at step level in Zephyr through query or other alternative's. i will raise the idea request per your suggestion ,thanks.

Regards,

Rajeev Gautam

vinniew
        Staff

Hi rajeevgautam 

Yes, I think its a good enhancement. 

I would encourage people who think the same to vote for it. 

I certainly will! 

KR

Vinnie