How to Re-Order/Arrange Test Cases WITHIN a Cycle
I'm having an issue with Zephyr Squad:
- Within a test cycle, I want to arrange test cases so that they can be presented to testers in a logical manner
- But there doesn't appear to be a way to do it
- The attached screenshot demonstrates the problem
- Sorting by ID is not helpful as the cases were created out of sequence
- Sorting by Label would be better, but as you can see from the image, sorting by label does not sort by label (they appear to be randomly heaped together)
- Ideally, within a cycle, I'd love to be able to just click and drag cases in the order I want them to be presented
- Is there a way to do that? Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?
Solved! Go to Solution.
UPDATE: SOLUTION FOUND
If you have a set of test cases that must appear to your testers in a specific sequence immune to other changes made to the test suite, simply gather those test cases and combine them into a single test case with multiple steps. Execution steps in Zephyr Squad Cloud can be dynamically click-n-dragged, rearranged, and preserved in whatever order you'd like.
This isn't an acceptable solution when you have 368 test cases each of around 50 steps each to run factory acceptance testing. There's no way of doing this as a single test case. It'd be huge and unworkable.