Forum Discussion

whyred1
New Contributor
2 years ago

Could someone explain the purpose of "Test Distribution by User"

If I understand it correct, Test Distribution by User is really Test Distribution by Person-Logged-In.  

How would I use this report in any meaningful way? 

By Reporter or by Assignee I can see a use for.  What am I missing is seeing how this report would be useful to me?

In my evaluation setup I am the person entering everything (8 Issues in this test), i.e. the Reporter. I have the Zephyr Execution Assignee split between Unassigned and two other team member not including me.  I have the JIRA Assignee field 5 are assigned to me, 1 to one other team member (of the two above) and 3 unassigned. 

The report just shows all 8 Tasks with my name as the user. I don't why that is the case unless this is a By Reporter report. Otherwise, I'm failing to understand what the selection criteria is.

Looking for enlightenment. Thanks.

1 Reply

• Hello whyred1 ,

The test distribution by user gives you the test cases for a project, fixVersion combination that are reported by a user.

For example, in the screenshot below, 4 test cases have been reported by the user Sanjeev and 1 test case has been reported by the user Harsh.

Each of the test case here are part of ZFJ_DEMO project and has fixVersion 3.0 associated to it.

Please note that it reads for the field Reporter and not the Assignee.