Forum Discussion

s_franklin
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

zephyr scale search for procedures calling a certain test case

I'm looking for a way to search within Zephyr Scale to return all Test Procedures that call a specified Test Case. So dumbed-down:

return all test_procedures where

call_to_test equals "test_case_number"

Any suggestions or if an advanced search like that is even possible is appreciated

• We're using the call to test feature extensively, so I think, I know, what you mean.

To figure out, which test cases call other test cases via the call to test feature, we use the ZS API. You can search for test cases using different criteria (project, folder ...) and analyse the results (specifically the test script of the test case) to return the list of test cases calling another test case. It's a bit of work and performance is not the best, but it works.

We have requested this from the ZS team a while back. Give it a vote in the ideas portal.

https://zephyr-scale-server-dc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TM4JS-I-82

Cheers

Josh

4 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I'm not sure if I understand correctly because of the terminology used but to translate into Zephyr Scale speak, I think you're saying you want to know which Test Cycles contain a specific Test Case.  

You should be able to do this using a report like Test Execution Results (List), choosing the Custom Query option, then selecting the Test Case criteria  (e.g. Key) and entering the test case you want to find.  The results will display the Test Cycle(s) that contain the test case, and each status of execution.

Is that what you were asking?

josh42
      Community Hero

We're using the call to test feature extensively, so I think, I know, what you mean.

To figure out, which test cases call other test cases via the call to test feature, we use the ZS API. You can search for test cases using different criteria (project, folder ...) and analyse the results (specifically the test script of the test case) to return the list of test cases calling another test case. It's a bit of work and performance is not the best, but it works.

We have requested this from the ZS team a while back. Give it a vote in the ideas portal.

https://zephyr-scale-server-dc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TM4JS-I-82

Cheers

Josh

s_franklin
      New Contributor

MisterB Not quite. I am trying to return all test cases that make a call to a specific test. For example, if test_case_1 is called by 3 different tests (test_1, test_2, test_3), I want to run a query that returns the list 
      test_1

test_2

test_3