Forum Discussion

ChadBellanGivel
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Zephyr Scale dashboard widget - Questions for widget: Test execution scorecard by tester

I have some questions regarding the zephyr scale dashboard widget - Test Execution - Test execution scorecard by tester

1. How are open and closed in the scorecard defined (because there are many statuses that we have in our company)?

2. Am I able to define what open and closed is for this widget?

3. Is this widget flexible to add other status columns?

How is open 

• I could have explained that a bit clearer...

In a standard Issue setup, a new issue starts with a resolution status of 'Open' and should close with a resolution status that is not 'Open' (there are many resolution statuses but let's stick with 'Done' for this example).  An issue moves through its workflow statuses, e.g. Open > In Progress > Complete.  At each point of those workflow statuses the resolution status is unchanged, but you can have a trigger on the Complete status to set the resolution status to 'Done'.  If that trigger is not setup the issue resolution status remains 'Open'.  Zephyr Scale uses the Jira Resolution status and reads 'Open' as 'Open' and 'Done' as 'Closed'.

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I could have explained that a bit clearer...

In a standard Issue setup, a new issue starts with a resolution status of 'Open' and should close with a resolution status that is not 'Open' (there are many resolution statuses but let's stick with 'Done' for this example).  An issue moves through its workflow statuses, e.g. Open > In Progress > Complete.  At each point of those workflow statuses the resolution status is unchanged, but you can have a trigger on the Complete status to set the resolution status to 'Done'.  If that trigger is not setup the issue resolution status remains 'Open'.  Zephyr Scale uses the Jira Resolution status and reads 'Open' as 'Open' and 'Done' as 'Closed'.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi

1. It's using Jira's Resolution status.  If the Resolution status is null then it's Open.  If the status is not null then it's Closed.  Just in case there's any confusion about which status, the Resolution status is different to the statuses within an Issue workflow.  It's possible to have an issue workflow status that flows from an Open status to a complete status without ever changing the Resolution status.  Your Jira administrator will be able to advise, or if you have access, just add the "Resolution" field to your issue Edit/View screen and you will be able to view/amend.

2. Answered above.  By adding the Resolution field into your screen you could manually control when an issue moves between the open and closed statuses in the report.

3. No.