Forum Discussion

benice25
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Zephyr Scale Importing Random ? Question Marks

Hi Everyone,

A team member performed an import the other day for test cases, and after the upload we noticed there were a lot of random ? marks that were inserted in the test case name (title) and wanted to get guidance on why this is happening? I looked over the csv file, and there are no special or hidden characters used in the name at all. Given the type of work we do, I can't provide those files but I can post an altered example.

When I paste the csv name into a txt file (which strips any formatted items) it looks like this.

I know this isn't extremely helpful given the red lines, but as you can see there are no special characters, I also looked for double spaces and there are none, any help is appreciated. ğŸ™ƒ

• Hi benice25 ,

try adjusting the file encoding when doing the imports. If you're using UTF-8, try switching to a Western encoding, maybe it works.

Which encoding have you been using?

Cheers

Josh

2 Replies

josh42
    Community Hero

Hi benice25 ,

try adjusting the file encoding when doing the imports. If you're using UTF-8, try switching to a Western encoding, maybe it works.

Which encoding have you been using?

Cheers

Josh

benice25
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply josh42!

I do think this is was an encoding error (someone else did the import so not 100% what steps they took), but my team and I attempted the import in our test region and received no issues. If it pops up again we can revisit, but encoding was likely the culprit. ğŸ˜…

Thanks,

Ben