Forum Discussion

AndreaV
Occasional Visitor
2 years ago
Solved

Tracking testcase changes

Hi guys,

is it possible to track test cases to find out which have been changed/updated lately without looking through each one separately? Or maybe is it possible to "watch" a test case and in case of any changes get email notifications (like in case of Jira issues)?

Thanks,

Andrea

• Hi Andrea,

I'm not aware of a way to do this with the UI in Scale Cloud, but if you're on Scale Server there used to be a Test Library suite of reports and you might find an option there.

Checking the APIs I can't see anything in there either that would help but you might want to check that too: Server API, or, Cloud API

I guess if your testers follow process and created Versions of their test cases you would then be able to track and report on versions, but that's not really reporting on progress.  What we need is access to an Updated field which I expect is in the database but it isn't visible to us.

Cheers, Andy

1 Reply

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi Andrea,

I'm not aware of a way to do this with the UI in Scale Cloud, but if you're on Scale Server there used to be a Test Library suite of reports and you might find an option there.

Checking the APIs I can't see anything in there either that would help but you might want to check that too: Server API, or, Cloud API

I guess if your testers follow process and created Versions of their test cases you would then be able to track and report on versions, but that's not really reporting on progress.  What we need is access to an Updated field which I expect is in the database but it isn't visible to us.

Cheers, Andy