Forum Discussion

lesley
New Contributor
2 years ago

There was an unexpected error.Please check your file and settings and try again

I am trying to import a csv file under the allowed size. Keep getting this error
There was an unexpected error.Please check your file and settings and try again or contact us for troubleshooting.

I've checked all the quotations marks present and they are all closed. Are there any other characters or symbols that would cause this error?

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Someone else had a similar issue recently.  There was nothing wrong with the content of the file but the file itself was the issue.  If you think the content in your file is good, I would try creating a new file and pasting the content into it.

MisterB
      Champion Level 3

If you could share some of the file structure/content I could take a look, or...

Here's an example file structure/content that I know works for me.  It should work for you also.

Name Precondition Objective Test Script (Step-by-Step) - Step Expected Result
      Success: Failure of single xxx does not stop processing No active Jobs Initiation of Jobs and execution persists with a single xxx Make sure no active jobs  
            Shutdown single xxx server  
            Run test jobs  
            Confirm run as expected Job completes normally
            Restart xxx as required  

You could also try removing any special characters and test that.

Or you could try the SmartBear support team.