Rerun Test Cases in different environments
I use to run the tests first in the develop environment and rerun them in staging, as a kind of regression and to be sure nothing is broken.
What is the best way to organize my tests so I get the reports on both environments?
Create multiple test cycles?
Or rerun (new execution) the test and modifying the environment?
(I saw also other post related to batch updates. If someone can give me the link to the roadmap, be sure I'll vote for it 😉)
Solved! Go to Solution.
The roadmap portal can be found here: Welcome - Zephyr Scale | Product Roadmap (productboard.com)
I've listed some thoughts on both approaches. Given the choice I would go with multiple test cycles as for me it offers the best reporting options and the least risk of 'user error'.
Multiple test cycles:
- It's quick and easy to clone test cycles
- Having multiple test cycles makes reporting and dashboarding clean and easy
- You can use the Test Cycle homepage to view both cycles next to each other for an overview of testing progress
- If you change the test cycles' underlying test cases, you may need to update multiple test cases in multiple test cycles (there is a request to have an 'update all' feature on the roadmap you can vote for 🙂)
- It's quick and easy to start a new execution and change the environment
- Reporting and dashboarding is a little more involved (filter by environment)
- Testers may forget to change the environment and skew your reporting
- There's no immediate overview reporting against both environments in the Test Cycle homepage to understand progress (whereas with multiple test cycles that image is clear).
Hope that helps.
Please give kudos if I have helped or accept as solution if appropriate
Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-barbet-548a234/