Rerun Test Cases in different environments
The roadmap portal can be found here: Welcome - Zephyr Scale | Product Roadmap (productboard.com)
I've listed some thoughts on both approaches. Given the choice I would go with multiple test cycles as for me it offers the best reporting options and the least risk of 'user error'.
Multiple test cycles:
- It's quick and easy to clone test cycles
- Having multiple test cycles makes reporting and dashboarding clean and easy
- You can use the Test Cycle homepage to view both cycles next to each other for an overview of testing progress
- If you change the test cycles' underlying test cases, you may need to update multiple test cases in multiple test cycles (there is a request to have an 'update all' feature on the roadmap you can vote for 🙂)
- It's quick and easy to start a new execution and change the environment
- Reporting and dashboarding is a little more involved (filter by environment)
- Testers may forget to change the environment and skew your reporting
- There's no immediate overview reporting against both environments in the Test Cycle homepage to understand progress (whereas with multiple test cycles that image is clear).
Hope that helps.