Forum Discussion

LorenzoZephyr1
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Opening Issue within a test execution:

How do I decide or set the status of the ticket I open directly from the test execution screen on Zephyr Scale? it automatically sets me the status "in progress" but I would like to set another or even better decide it from time to time, how can I do that?

5 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

When you say ticket I think of Issues, but "In Progress" is a test status in Scale (and could well be an Issue status in your Jira instance).  I'll try to cover all bases:

Changing the status of a test execution:

To set the overall status of a test execution in the test player, go to the top right-hand corner, click on the status, and change it to whatever you need:

Changing the status of a test step:

To change the status of an individual test step within a test case, click on the ellipses button, then choose a status:

Changing the status of an Issue (in Jira):

This is a Jira action.  To change the status of an Issue that is linked to a Scale test case or test step, click on the Issue link you see in Scale.  That will open the Issue.  In the Issue screen, click on the status to bring up a selection of possible statuses and select the one that you need:

LorenzoZephyr1
      Occasional Contributor

First of all, thank you for your response

The problem I was reporting is that when I open an issue directly via zephyr scale I can't choose what status to start it from and it selects one automatically, how come?
      And based on what does it select a certain status?

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Ah, OK.  That is controlled outside of Scale and by Jira.  Your Jira Administrator needs to add the Status field into the Issue Create (or Default) screen so that it's visible to you for selection.

LorenzoZephyr1
      Occasional Contributor

I'm afraid I have explained myself wrong, when I create a bug directly on Jira I have the possibility to choose the starting state, while when I create it on Zephyr this option is not visible, attached the 2 screens

Creating bug on Zephyr

Creating bugs on Zephyr Scale
      Creating bug on JiraCreating bugs on Jira

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

No, I think I understand what you're saying, and the information I've given is the solution.  The Jira Create button is using a different screen to the Scale Create button.  If you speak to your Jira Administrator and show them those screen prints and tell them what you need they can check the Screen Scheme for your project and figure out what is happening and fix it.  It's an easy fix.