Forum Discussion

navsta
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How to attach a file to a test case/step (creating tests)

Hi All,   While setting up test cases, i am wondering how i could attach a file to a test case/step so that when a tester executes the test case, a file is available to check.   For example, the ...
    3 years ago

Hi, 

Yes, this is possible.  Please see this post for the solution, which is to use the Add File option within each test step.  I've added the text of the solution below but the link includes screen prints as well:

Solved: Re: Show attachments from a testcase in a testcycl... - SmartBear Community

Test Script (Steps):

Another option that is useful is to add files into the Test Script (which shows as the test steps in the lower section of the Test Player).  The advantage here is that you could show for example, screen prints to support expected results , etc.  To add attachments into the Test Script steps, go into the Test Case where before you were clicking on the Attachments tab, but instead of doing that, click on the Test Script tab.  In there, for each step, you will see an option on the right-hand side of the step to Attach Files (screen print also attached for you).

Hope that works for you!

Andy