Forum Discussion

bswackhamer
New Contributor
3 years ago

How can I find all of the test cases that are moved from one project to another?

we are deprecating one project in jira and need to move our test cases to many locations as such we want to make sure that our test automation can accurately find them as right now we are based on the test case id which once we move projects will have a new id.  So the question is can I find these tests with the old id or any other way to find them logically?

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Someone else might have a better solution but the first thing that comes to mind is to export all test cases to Excel before you move/clone them into another project.  Once you've done that, if you export all test cases to Excel again (but from the new project), I'm assuming you can compare to the first export and identify the old and new IDs.  Hopefully from there you could update the IDs in your test automation tool.

Best, Andy

bswackhamer
      New Contributor

Thanks for the response but that will not help as we have many people shifting test cases daily right now while we are still trying to run our automation and promote the results of the executions.

Thanks,

Brian