Forum Discussion

CSL
Contributor
7 years ago

what will be the reason why I can only run a certain number of scripts in batch?

I organize my test and set to run all the 42 scripts in Test Complete, but it stops running after around 25 scripts. Any idea? Is there a setting? I found a setting in workspace to allow to open 20 scripts at a time.  I changed it to 100 but it still did not help. I also noticed that when running in batch, it opens the scripts then left it open, is there a way that I can instruct Test Complete to close it after execution? Will that solve the issue? I appreciate any assistance on this.

Thanks.

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Do you get an error on stop?  

Technically, there is no limit to how many scripts you can run.  I have over 100 keyword tests I run and I know of folks who have at least that many if not more in the ways of coded scripts that run.

The settings you're looking at don't have anything to do with how many run but how many editor panels will be opened at a time.

One thing that the number "25" triggers for me has to do with the Microsoft Jet Database engine with regards to CSV/Excel files... that's the maximum number of connections that can be open at a time.  So, if you're using CSV files or Excel files as part of your test runs and you're not correctly closing those connections, that "25" limit may be what you're running into.

CSL
      Contributor

Yes - I am using excel to read the data, thus I need to close it then.

I will try and let you know. Thanks so much.