Forum Discussion

Egg
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

variables copy

Hello, I'm using keywordtest. 

and I'm usually copy the keywordtest because my automation test is nearly same process. 

So I usually copy the keywordtest and edit a little part. 

I can copy the keyword test easy. 

But How can I copy the 'variables' and paste other keywordtest ? 

sonya_m
    3 years ago
    Hi Marsha_R  and Egg , this extension seems to be working with suite and project variables, not keyword test variables specifically.
    Since this is not an official extension created by the SmartBear team, it's difficult to say whether it can be modified to serve the purpose, but might be worth trying!

Here's what else can be done. The keyword test variables can be moved to the project. If you declare variables on the project level, they will be available to all tests inside the project, and you won't need to copy anything.
    Or, you can add the variables on the suite level making them available to all tests for all projects within the suite.

2 Replies

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
      Hi Marsha_R  and Egg , this extension seems to be working with suite and project variables, not keyword test variables specifically.
      Since this is not an official extension created by the SmartBear team, it's difficult to say whether it can be modified to serve the purpose, but might be worth trying!

Here's what else can be done. The keyword test variables can be moved to the project. If you declare variables on the project level, they will be available to all tests inside the project, and you won't need to copy anything.
      Or, you can add the variables on the suite level making them available to all tests for all projects within the suite.