Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

strange wait-for-object event after converting TC12 projectsuite to TC14

Hi there,

after converting projectsuite from TC12.50 to TC14.50 we encounter weird wait for object events on certain keyword actions and code snippets, testlogs show no error nor recoginition warning, but during testrun the tc-indicator shows wait for object for some objects with 1min timeout, which are visible and detected in keywordtests.

anyone similar experiences?

Lee

• Check your auto-wait setting:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/common-tasks/waiting-process-or-window-activation.html

Using the Default Auto-Wait Timeout

By default, TestComplete is waiting for objects, processes and windows for a period of time. This time period is specified by the Auto-wait timeout project option. By default, it is 10 seconds. If an object, window or process has not been found by the end of the specified period, the test fails.

The Auto-wait timeout affects the following methods:

• Hi,

from TC12.50 to TC14.50 [...] during testrun the tc-indicator shows wait for object

There were a lot of performance optimizations between these versions, so, most probably, your test code now executes faster and waits for the object where previously object had time to appear before execution reached this point.

I would say that it is OK and nothing wrong as long as you don't see any problems reported to test log.

• -> Using the Default Auto-Wait Timeout

hi Marsha,

the default timeout setting is not the point in my case, the problem is that objects are found and verified in keywordtests and it shows no error in testlog, but somehow certain objects still run into timeout and delay the test run.

Lee

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

from TC12.50 to TC14.50 [...] during testrun the tc-indicator shows wait for object

There were a lot of performance optimizations between these versions, so, most probably, your test code now executes faster and waits for the object where previously object had time to appear before execution reached this point.

I would say that it is OK and nothing wrong as long as you don't see any problems reported to test log.

leeasdf9
      Frequent Contributor

hi Alex,

-> There were a lot of performance optimizations between these versions, so, most probably, your test code now executes faster and waits for the object where previously object had time to appear before execution reached this point.

thanks for your reply and information! it might be the root cause of the issue, I will review and debug my codes.

Lee

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Check your auto-wait setting:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/common-tasks/waiting-process-or-window-activation.html

Using the Default Auto-Wait Timeout

By default, TestComplete is waiting for objects, processes and windows for a period of time. This time period is specified by the Auto-wait timeout project option. By default, it is 10 seconds. If an object, window or process has not been found by the end of the specified period, the test fails.

The Auto-wait timeout affects the following methods:

leeasdf9
      Frequent Contributor

-> Using the Default Auto-Wait Timeout

hi Marsha,

the default timeout setting is not the point in my case, the problem is that objects are found and verified in keywordtests and it shows no error in testlog, but somehow certain objects still run into timeout and delay the test run.

Lee