Forum Discussion

nikki85
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

problems on project convert from TestComplete11 to TestComplete12

Hi ,

I convert my project from TestComplete11 to  TestComplete12,  then I  select one item "wndNotepad" on the mapped objects window of namemapping as below ,  righ click to select "Expand All" ,  all the objects of namemapping are expanded , but I just want to expand my selected item,it seems to be  a bug of  TestComplete, how to slove this problem

Thanks!

• Expand All, as the name suggests, expands everything.

To expand a single item in a tree (Project Explorer, Name Mapping, Object Browser, etc.), select this item and then press Num + (plus on the numeric keypad) to expand one level or Num * to expand recursively. These are the standard Windows shortcuts that also work in Windows Explorer's folder tree.

5 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Expand All, as the name suggests, expands everything.

To expand a single item in a tree (Project Explorer, Name Mapping, Object Browser, etc.), select this item and then press Num + (plus on the numeric keypad) to expand one level or Num * to expand recursively. These are the standard Windows shortcuts that also work in Windows Explorer's folder tree.

• nikki85

'Expand All' option is for expanding all the elements in hierarchy. 

Click on specific node 'wndNotepad' to expand the current node only. 

-Edited

HKosova Per your instructions it is possible to expand single node to its child in a tree

nikki85
      Contributor

RajeshVV,  Thanks for your reply,  if I creat a new project ,   'Expand All' option is for expanding  the current node  till its child node in TestComplete , there is different from my converted project