Forum Discussion

najes
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

passing variables on FindChild

Is it possible to pass variables on FindChild methods?
For example (in Jscript):

var parent = Aliases.Program.MainWindow;
var child = new Array(100);

for(var i =0; i<100; i++)
{
  child[i] = parent.FindChild( ["WndClass", "Index"], ["Button", i], 2, true);
}

Been trying to get the state of each object child[i].wState, but it seems like it always fail to get the object.

5 Replies

najes
      Occasional Contributor

I have tried to use the FindAllChildren method, however it's too hard for me to use because on the window that i test consist of a lot of check boxes and radio buttons. The object properties i can use to limit the search is only the WndCaption and WndClass.

Or do you have any other suggestion of technique i can use? My current test purposes is to make sure all these check boxes and radio buttons always work properly.

najes
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply, will!

However the objects that i want to map do have wState.

I tried to use the method as follow: 

child[i] = parent.FindChild( ["WndClass", "Index"], ["Button", 45], 2, true).wState;

And it's working, however if i change the index 45 to the i variables, i got the error: "Unable to find the object wState. See Additional Information for details."

• Do you KNOW you have 45 children?  There should be a child count property (or something named very similarly) on the parent object, which you can use as the upper limit in your loop.

najes
      Occasional Contributor

That is one of the object button, I got the value 45 which is the property value of the property name "Index" using the Object Spy.

So in this case there're a lot of check boxes and radio buttons (there are like hundreds of them) that arranged in rows and columns.

One of the test case is that I need to make the testing for each desired rows only.

Using the Object Spy, i figured that the property value of the property name "Index" of  the buttons in the same row is in sequence (for example in row 5, there are 9 buttons with the property value of the property name "Index" are: 37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45).

Therefore I plan to use loop with FindChild to taking care of the mapping, but the loop i made before is not working.