Forum Discussion

Subbulakshmi
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

object recognition for delphi object is slow.

Hi,

Our application is developed in Delphi. There is one frame, where I click on Save, one dialog box appears. Even if it is visible, Test Complete takes lot of time to click on OK button. I have added WndClass and WndCaption properties. Tried with FindChild as well. It takes same time only. 

• Hi All,

This issue was resolved when we uncheck * option in List of accepted windows MSAA  option(Current project properties). 

11 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm assuming you're using NameMapping.  Is the Extended Find flag checked on any level of the mapped object tree leading up to that object?  Extended Find operates similar code to FindChild so the timing may be similar.

Subbulakshmi
      Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I tried checking Extended Find. It took the same time. 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

So... it was unchecked and now it's checked?  I kinda meant the opposite, that the flag may be checked.

Next question... I'm assuming that you're adding appropriate "wait" commands for the dialog?  It could be that the test is running faster than the application and so things are being attempted before the app is ready, causing confusion.

But, honestly... what we need is more detail.  Please post a screen shot of the Object Browser properties of the object that is taking too much time to be recognized.  Also, a screenshot of how it is Mapped in NameMapping would be helpful.

Novari-QA
    Frequent Contributor

I just had this isssue. I am glad someone else has as well.

Steps to fix or at least for me:
    Right Click Name Mapping

Open Source File Location

Copy the NameMapping file.

Paste File onto your Desktop

Delete All of your Objects in your name mapping tree... all but the Sys Object

Right Click Name Mapping and use the option "Merge With"
    Select the file you put on your Desktop.

Bam everything is fast again.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

That's interesting... it could be that the NameMapping file gets corrupted in some way after a large number of edits.  

Question: Are you using the NameMapping images?  We're not and we're not seeing major slow down in our object recognition.  Could be an effect of the NameMapping images. Would be interesting to find out.

Subbulakshmi
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The object recognition in my project is showing full name as : Sys.Process("LandmarkII.debug").Dialog("Information")

In other projects it is: Sys.Process("LandmarkII.debug").Window("TLMKMessageForm", "Information", 1)

Could you please let me know, what would be the issue for this difference. 

Subbulakshmi
    Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

This issue was resolved when we uncheck * option in List of accepted windows MSAA  option(Current project properties).