Forum Discussion

SK2020
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

mathematical operations with variables in KeywordTesting

Hi,

In my project I need to subtract two values to compare with another value.

My problem is how to subtract two values (or add, or any other simple mathematic function)

I have created two variables which store my values. And I need make an addition or subtraction and need to create a new variable for the result. After that I will compare the result with another variable for verification.

Which method or operation should I use? (I'm creating test cases with keyword tests)

Please can you help me on this issue.

Thank you.

• Use Set Variable Value (lots of screenshots to follow)

first pick your result variable out of the list

then Next and choose Code Expression, then select your first variable, enter a +, then select your second variable

You will end up with this

Click OK and then Finish and you will see this in your test

3 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Use Set Variable Value (lots of screenshots to follow)

first pick your result variable out of the list

then Next and choose Code Expression, then select your first variable, enter a +, then select your second variable

You will end up with this

Click OK and then Finish and you will see this in your test

Mathernee
    Occasional Visitor

An algebraic expression is a collection of numbers, variablesoperations, and grouping symbols. You will translate an unknown number as the variable x or n. 

The grouping symbols are usually a set of parentheses, but they can also be sets of brackets or braces.

In translating expressions, you want to be well acquainted with basic keywords that translate into mathematical operations: addition keywords, subtraction keywords, multiplication keywords, and division keywords .

iMessage for PC