Forum Discussion

CSmirl
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

mapping and recognition of objects includes the browser name

I'm trying out TestComplete and probably having a project setting issue I can't fix.  When recording the alias and recognition of my objects includes the browser name.  It doesn't seem to be following the current browser concept.  The keyword step doesn't show a generic browser (globe) symbol but shows the icon for the browser it was recorded in.  Also, the Browser loop will fail out at the newly added browser on the first object it tries to interact with in the new browser.

CSmirl
    5 years ago

Think I figured it out.  That was the first project I started up.  Then I unchecked the legacy settings per instruction in the project properties.

Long story short: I started a new project which had the correct project settings from the beginning.  Now it works!

7 Replies

• The actual browsers are listed under Sys intstead of a generic browser.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Browsers WILL show up under Sys.... but what it looks like is that, when they were mapped, they were mapped specifically for the indicated browser.

In my NAmeMapping, I have Sys.browser and browser is mapped simply with one property of ObjectType of "browser". Then everything is put under taht fr pages, etc.

CSmirl
        Contributor

What you described is supposed to be the default behavior for mapping but that is not the case in my TestComplete.  I need it to default to sys -> browser but can't find the settings.

Thanks,

Chris