Forum Discussion

15 years ago

is there any setting changes to be done to run the scripts in mobile testing?

Hi all,

I have an issue to discuss with all of you.

Issue is like this:

I am using Testcomplete Windows mobile testing.

Every time I run the script, the  device gets hanged.

I have checked it many times and found that this problem is occurring again

and again.

is there any setting changes should be done to run the scripts in Windows mobile testing?

Quick reply will always be appreciated.

Best regards:

sreekanth

3 Replies

• Hi Sreekanth,

1. What is the name of the device you are using? Also, let me know the version of Windows Mobile installed on it.

2. Is the device emulated or physical?

3. Check whether the problem can be reproduced if you record a simple test with our sample application (<All Users>\Documents\TestComplete 7 Samples\PDA\Applications\OrdersDemo\MSVC\Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)\Debug\Orders.exe) and try to execute the test.

4. Are you using any other applications that communicate with your device? Does disabling such applications help?

• Hi All,

I am facing the similar issue and my configuration is as follows:

I am using "USA Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC R2 Emulator" and TestComplete version 7.52

I have deployed the TestComplete Sample Orders Application in the above Emulator.

For me when I start recording, TestComplete opens PDA Controller Window, but it takes minutes for it to respond to any input.

Right after TestComplete installs its PDA support files into the Device Emulator. Device emulator starts taking maximum CPU time (80%) however I am giving input for recording only thru PDA Controller.

I also don’t see the Red Icon command in Recording Toolbar as mentioned on this page: http://www.automatedqa.com/blogs/post/09-05-19/testing-mobile-applications-%E2%80%93-testcomplete-7/

At the end the script which it generates looks like it references PDA Controller not the application running inside it.

A quick reply will be highly appreciated.

- Viresh

• Hi Viresh,

For me when I start recording, TestComplete opens PDA Controller Window, but it takes minutes for it to respond to any input.

We are aware of the problem, and we are working to improve this behavior.

At the end the script which it generates looks like it references PDA Controller not the application running inside it.

Could you please post the recorded script?

I also don't see the Red Icon command in Recording Toolbar as mentioned on this page: http://www.automatedqa.com/blogs/post/09-05-19/testing-mobile-applications-%E2%80%93-testcomplete-7/

This post is more than one year old, and Recording Toolbar has been changed since then. I suppose that you mean the "Record WinCE Low-Level Procedure" button. In the latest versions of TestComplete, this button is moved. See the "Creating and Recording Low-Level Procedures" and "Recording Toolbar" help topics.