Forum Discussion

JackSparrow
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago

how to recognize the tiles in the windows delphi application

Hi All,

My windows application consist set of tiles .Just like the below image.

Were I can click on the tiles manually it will take to that particular screen , now when am trying recognize using the object spy its not getting identified as a each single tile , instead of that the total screen identified.

Sys.Process("Teachers.debug").VCLObject("frmMain").VCLObject("dxRibbonBackstageView1").VCLObject("dxRibbonBackstageViewTabSheet1").Window("TLMKTileControl", "", 1)

how to recognize these tiles , for now I need just how many tiles present on the screen.

In my previous post when I was struggling to get the count from the grid , HKosova suggested me to add the TLMKGrid  to the Developer Express Controls > VCL > QuantumGrid category. similarly do I need to add the TLMKTileControl ?

Anyone can help me on this .

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a good suggestion.  It might not be the same component type so you might need to look into something else.other than Quantum Grdi but it's worth looking into.

JackSparrow
      Frequent Contributor

Hi tristaanogre

Actually i tried to do that way but it was not working ,so i tried in different way by digging into the different sections of the object spy where i found this

Aliases.Teachers_debug.wndTfrmMain.dxRibbonBackstageView1.dxRibbonBackstageViewTabSheet1.TLMKTileControl.Items.TileControl.Items.Items[i].TileItem.Text1.Value

Which worked and all the names of the tiles present in the screen was printed in the log message :D .

But the problem was here was the same tile name have two index values like Tile_1 index is 0 as well index 1, Tile_2 index is 3 and as well index  4 ,Tile_3 index is 5 as well index 6 and so on .

In future if i want to click on the tiles also i think we can do it in this was only ,

Does any one have any other better solution than this .kindly let me know  

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if it has to do with tile sizeing?  That in that Item list, there are actually two items for each "tile" where one item is a large tile, the other is a small tile, and the visibility is probably the distinguishing factor.  Is there any indication of that?