Forum Discussion

vvg
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

computer gets locked while executing specific keyword test with Testcomplete

Yesterday I was making a keyword test which would go from a login page, to a forgot password page.

Everytime I execute this test (with testcomplete on win 10), for every browser, when I click on the "forgot password" link, my computer gets locked.

When I execute this test manually it doesn't lock my PC.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? And is this behaviour that should be expected when your application is "really safe"?

Or might there be something else going wrong?

I have added a screenshot of the test.

I have not found the cause of this problem, but the problem seems to be solved when I restarted the PC which was running Testcomplete.

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It depends, somewhat, on what actually happens when you click on that link.  What sort of window opens up, if any?  When you say your computer gets locked, do you mean it goes to your own login screen/lock screen?  Does it stop responding? 

My guess... and this is just a guess... is that clicking on that link opens a modal dialog which needs to be closed before anything else can happen.  The application does not return until the dialog is closed... if it doesn't return, TestComplete can't know what next to do. 

This is considered an "Unexpected Window"... you may be able to handle it via the following instructions.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/handling-errors/unexpected-windows.html

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

What happens when you try this test manually?  Does it still lock up?

vvg
      Occasional Contributor

When I click on that link, I will be redirected to a new page in the same browser.

There are no models or whatsoever involved.

When I execute this test manually, that is what happens.

But when executed via Testcomplete it locks my computer as in I need to enter my windows password again, so that would be the lock screen indeed.

Because of this, testcomplete cannot continue with its test, unless I unlock the computer again.

This is only on the windows 10 pc where I logon via remote desktop btw.

Kraku
        Occasional Contributor

Are you sure that you are not using key combination like WIN+L in your test?