Forum Discussion

Lagencie
Frequent Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

clr_bridge System.Threading does not work

Hello,

I have added the CLR Bridge System.Threading and want to call the function ManualResetEvent, but it keeps saying "RuntimeError: The specified object is not callable."

Here is the code i run:

EventTestComplete = dotNET.System_Threading.ManualResetEvent(False)

The code works in normal pycharm call with 

from System.Threading import ManualResetEvent, Timeout, Thread
EventTestComplete = ManualResetEvent(False)

Any ideas why this error pops up in Testcomplete all the time, but works in pycharm?

• Hi Dominik,

I see that you have contacted the Support Team on this issue. Let me quote their reply here:

Support Team wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to us. TestComplete adds a special method for .NET class constructors, zctor - see the "Calling Functions From .NET Assemblies" article for more details. Thus, the object should be created like this: 
    EventTestComplete = dotNET.System_Threading.ManualResetEvent.zctor(False)

Please also note that TestComplete does not support multithreaded scripts, so porting code from PyCharm might not work if it involves multithreading.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dominik,

I see that you have contacted the Support Team on this issue. Let me quote their reply here:

Support Team wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to us. TestComplete adds a special method for .NET class constructors, zctor - see the "Calling Functions From .NET Assemblies" article for more details. Thus, the object should be created like this: 
    EventTestComplete = dotNET.System_Threading.ManualResetEvent.zctor(False)

Please also note that TestComplete does not support multithreaded scripts, so porting code from PyCharm might not work if it involves multithreading.

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

TestComplete automation is not multi-threaded.  It's entirely possible that the reason why this can't work is for that simple reason.