Forum Discussion

kaivi
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

check aqPerfomance

Hi,

is there any way to check if the aqPerfomance method is already running?

regards

Kai

• Hi,

> This is a recursive call from OnLogError that is stopped by TestComplete.

A possible way to prevent this is to introduce a global or Project variable (I think that the latter is better) and use it as a flag. Like this:

-- Name the variable as, say, bInErrorHandler and set it to false by default;

-- The OnLogError function may look like this:

function OnLogError(...)
    {
      if (bInErrorHandler)
        return;
      bInErrorHandler = true;

... // main handler's code

bInErrorHandler = false;
    }

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

The methods of the aqPerformance object aren't actually "running" per say... they are more markers that store values.  You "Start" a counter which logs a time stamp... then you "Check" the counter against the current time... or you get the "Value" of a counter...  So, it's not exactly "running" per se.

What are you trying to achieve?

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Kai,

No way if I got your question right. But you may suppress warning in the log with the help of the WarnIfExist parameter.

kaivi
      Contributor

Hi,

thank you both for your answer. I have added the OnLogError feature to our tests. So every error is recorded here. Normally I start the aqPerfomance Default at the beginning of a keyword test and when the keyword test generates an error, it jumps to the OnLogError and stops, checks and evaluates the aqPerfomance. But if I start a selected operation in the middle of a keyword test just to check if e.g. a change is correct, it jumps to OnLogError if an error occurs and starts another error because the aqPermonce is not started yet. This is a recursive call from OnLogError that is stopped by TestComplete. The motivation behind this is to write the aqPErfomance value to a DB.

I hope you know what im trying to do.

For now, I think I'll try it with "try" and "catch" of an exception. Or with the WarnIfExists I didn't know about it before, so I investigate it.

regards

Kai

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

> This is a recursive call from OnLogError that is stopped by TestComplete.

A possible way to prevent this is to introduce a global or Project variable (I think that the latter is better) and use it as a flag. Like this:

-- Name the variable as, say, bInErrorHandler and set it to false by default;

-- The OnLogError function may look like this:

function OnLogError(...)
        {
          if (bInErrorHandler)
            return;
          bInErrorHandler = true;

... // main handler's code

bInErrorHandler = false;
        }