Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
12 years ago

can TC8 show more infos during project execution?

I am a new fan of TC8. I get a question for the project execution view. If i run a test project which contains more than 50 projectitems and the execution time takes a few hours, i really want to know in the meantime, which item of the project is currently executed. I would like to have something like a milestone view to show me this,and maybe also show me the test description of the currently executed project item.For now its just a small pop view at right top corner, its not enough for me.somebody has same wish like me? :)

2 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Lee,

i really want to know in the meantime, which item of the project is currently executed.

You can easily do it using TestComplete's indicator (that "small pop view at right top corner"). The fact is that you can push the custom text to the indicator. For instance, you can use the Indicator program object:

// Show the indicator icon

Indicator.Show();

// Obtain the name of the currently executed test item

var itemName = Project.TestItems.Current.Name;

// Push text to the indicator

Indicator.PushText(itemName);

I would like to have something like a milestone view to show me this, and maybe also show me the test description of the currently executed project item.

Using the above approach, you can push any text (description, and so on) to the indicator.

If you have any difficulties with implementing the suggested solution, feel free to share them here. I hope this information helps :)

leeasdf9
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi Irina,

Thx a lot for the detailed description. I will use this indicator description feature for my keyword tests.

Br,

Lee

FREQUENTIS Test Team